Strengthening Institutions to improve Learning Outcomes and Employability (both self and wage earning) of Diploma students is to develop and augment facilities so that the overall Learning process improves to add high value to the students. The present scenario of technical education is fast changing and to keep pace with this change of the developed countries, the Institute is also compelled to improve the learning and skill development facilities. The prime areas under which the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme for North Eastern States (AICTE-NEQIP) proposal shall try to achieve the objectives are-
- Improvement in the quality of learning resources and teaching methods with the aim of producing quality employable Diploma students.
- Up gradation of existing laboratories of different Diploma courses.
- Development of new laboratory under existing Diploma courses.
- Modernization of class rooms with teaching aids and furniture.
- Construction of a new academic building with classrooms and laboratories to facilitate the increased intake of students.
- To upgrade the qualification of existing faculty to next higher levels to improve the quality of teaching.
- Setting up of a Central Computer Centre with all modern accessories.
- Increasing the number of books and new e-journals in the Library.
- Faculty and staff development: to facilitate training to trainers for improvements in employability and learning outcomes of Diploma holders.
- To strengthen the Placement cum Training Cell to increase the employability of the Diploma students.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AICTE-NEQIP PROJECT at AEI
- Sanction No. & Date: F.No.AICTE/UB/36/NEQIP/Ass/Poly/AEI/29/2013/328 dtd. 13/03/2014
- Project Term:
- Phase-I (2013-14)
- Phase-II (2014-15)
- Phase-III (2015-16)
- Main Thrusts Areas in Phase-I, II & III:
- Modernization and strengthening of existing Laboratories
- Establishment of new laboratories
- Updation of Learning Resources
- Modernization of supporting departments (Physics/Chemistry/Workshop)
- Modernization of Library
- Civil works
- Enhancement of R&D and Institutional Consultancy activities
- Faculty & Staff Development
- Implementation of Institutional Academic reforms
- Academic support for weak students